Sunday, October 5, 2008

So I have been thinking that I would have taken a picture of my new favorite thing by now so that I could post it, but I haven't so I will just tell about it.  About 2 months ago a new friend of mine Kim talked my neighbor Tina into doing a 20 mile road race who in turn talked me into it.  To make a long story short I ended up spending a lot of money on my new best friend.  I bought myself a road bike.  I basically feel like you haven't lived until you own a road bike.  I have never had so much fun exercising in my whole life.  I will thank Kim everyday for a long time for getting me into it.  I recommend it to everyone I know.  The whole thing is, is that if you want to love it, you have to go big or not at all.  You need to spend money on a good bike, good spandex, (make that great spandex), the shoes, and the clip in's.  The clip in's are a little scary at first, but one fall and you realize it doesn't hurt that bad.  It has been the best therapy for me ever.  Just be prepared for your spouse's to get a little jealous about how much time you will want to spend with your bike.  Actually that is why I went for it.  I was Jealous of Tyson and his bike and since he spent a lot more money on his it was that much easier for me to spend the money on mine.  

4 comments:

Tan+Charee+Chloe+Tru said...

what a hardcore hot mama...your the coolest roady i know! ROCK ON!

AJ said...

Ho boy, I bet that set you back some if you went as big as you could with road bikes. I'd like to start doing triathalons after I finish school so a road bike would be a "want" for sure. You should consider it. It might be a little late now but you can go to backcountryoutlet.com or chainlove.com to get biking stuff for a deep discount.

Joy ~ Kurt said...

Calli~
That sounds like something I'd really like to do! Maybe someday! :)

Kim said...

I feel like a drug dealer or something, getting you all hooked. Come to think of it, Cocaine might have been cheaper.